Thursday, February 09, 2006

Computer Help: Should i buy this?


I have always wanted a tiny laptop that fits in my hand bag.. and mine does ( i carry big bags )..

But i saw this laptop "VAIO® TX670P/B Notebook VGN-TX670P/B".. which is the one in the picture.. and totally fell in love.. its tiny.. its black (my favorite color) .. and has long battery life.. I cuurently own a toshiba tablet which is great to use but bad battery life..

my problem is i dont know how it plays out from a technical perspective.. I hate carrying a laptop bag and usually use my laptop wherever i go so i would love to be able to carry it conveniently..

my needs are simple, i only use Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc..).. and the internet... nothing funky..

what do u guys think? Does anyone own one?

12 comments:

K.thekuwaiti said...

Go for the Sony SZ:
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start?CategoryName=cpu_VAIONotebookComputers_SZSeries&Dept=computers

don_veto said...

Sony VAIO is an excellent choice, be sure to put all the extras you want on it when you but it, because if you want to add on later, it becomes very expensive and they need to send it back somewhere far away before they can do it.

K.thekuwaiti said...

The TX is nice .. but somewhat underpowered and bound to be replaced in the near future. The SZ is more powerful and has better battery life (new duo chip).

Beyond Q8iya said...

checking it out

Beyond Q8iya said...

don veto: wat extras would u recommend? and thank u

Entrepreneur said...

i have a a vaio, similar to the one in the picture. I too love its black finish. Sony screens are by far the best, great boldness and contrast. The XBrite technology makes watching DVDs on your laptop a pleasure.

Anyways, i'll leave the rest to the techies above as they jump to answer! :)

Beyond Q8iya said...

ehhe thanks ENTR

Beyond Q8iya said...

homer merci merci .. will do..

The Stallion said...

Sorry girl, I am against it! I don't think VAIOs are god computers! My Acer is soo much better than the VAIOs my friends had!

K.thekuwaiti said...

The Stallion

I disagree!
I go through computers like cheap razors .. and the viao is the one of the only ones that could take it. The only companies I can personally recommend at the moment are Sony and IBM/Lenovo .. The IBM/Lenovo is more targeted towards business users and vice versa.

Acer has gone down in terms of quality; and Dell and HP are targetting the lower segments of the pricing wars.

don_veto said...

Always put more memory, 2GB memory makes a big difference in computer speed and multimedia stuff like photo editing, playing videos and DVD and games. With these tiny laptops like the Sony VAIO, it is a big pain to put more memory and sometimes you need special tools only found in official workshops, so before you buy, let the vendor go through the hassle of adding memory.

Beyond Q8iya said...

Don: Went today to both the expo center and Eureka.. Sony etc... not a good deal .. Online its cheaper with more features..