Friday, February 10, 2006

Ode to Art: Jack Vettriano


Paintings by Jack Vettriano give me that warm, heavy heart, human feeling, mixed with anxiety, and an extra je ne c'est qua. I hear Sinatra in my head when i look at some of his moving paintings. This painting in particular moves me to Sinatra's "Stranger's in the Night". Its called "Dance me to the ends of the earth".. its consistent with that feeling of when u are with the object of your affection and it feels like its just the two of you in that room..

Do u feel it..


"What are the chances?"

7 comments:

Baroque said...

amazing!
thanx for sharing that peice of info, i bought a card with that picture and never knew it had a significant meaning but it sort of attracted me..

it is the epitome of romance..

its like they are dancing on air..

they seem so in love..

Beyond Q8iya said...

yes.. so so in love..

3obalich.. ;)

eheh i guess me too.. lets pretend valentines is not in 3 days.. i'm secretly dreading it.. single by choice biting me in the back

The Stallion said...

The song that comes to mind is Frank's, "Aint That a Kick in The Head!"

Entrepreneur said...

hehe

have you been poaching pictures from my posts? I had a bunch of Jack Vettriano related posts a while back. :)

I love this painting, I have a framed print up in my bedroom and another couple in my lounge.

Beyond Q8iya said...

Stallion: If i only i knew that song, i'd be humming to it too..:)

Entr: No poaching took place :P I met Jack while taking a course called History Thru Art and Architecture, and another 2 entitled Art History 1 & 2... i will be posting more about my fave artists..

Sij wala u love it ? Gr8 :P nice

Entrepreneur said...

Yup

Check out my posts:

http://tsunimon.blogspot.com/2005/10/private-dancer.html

http://tsunimon.blogspot.com/2005/11/oh-jacky-boy.html

http://tsunimon.blogspot.com/2005/10/billy-boys.html

Beyond Q8iya said...

ENTR: checked ;)